Ultrasound has been widely implemented as an important tool in the diagnostic armamentarium of vascular clinics across Europe. The ESVS Academy has been organising basic and advanced hands-on workshops. Therefore, the ESVS Academy has proposed a certification system to warrant those individuals who meet the minimum requirements to perform basic vascular ultrasound based on the curriculum of the ESVS-workshops in Barcelona and Copenhagen.
The aim of the Certificate of Competences in Vascular Ultrasound (CCVUS) is to certify the holder with the knowledge and practical skills to perform high-quality ultrasound examinations of arteries and veins.
To apply for the CCVUS you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be in possession of an active certification or license in a health-related field (physician, nurse or technician).
- Present a statement signed by the Director of the Vascular Lab or Head of Department of Vascular Surgery or Radiology stating that you have performed more than 100 supervised exams equally distributed among carotid arteries, venous and arterial lower extremity and aorta
- Having performed the minimum number of examinations does not guarantee passing the exam
The certification process will take place on Thursday 26 September during the Annual meeting of the ESVS in Hamburg, in Workshop Room 8 from 14:00 to 18:00
It will consist of two parts:
- First, a written exam that will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions with one correct answer per five provided responses (60 minutes). Minimum pass mark 70%
- Second, during a practical exam, candidates will have to demonstrate their practical skills when performing two to three vascular ultrasound examinations that will be evaluated by examiners according to a standardized evaluation form (app 10-15 minutes).
Curriculum: A detailed curriculum of the examination can be found here
Examination Fee: 100€ (+VAT) Maximum number of candidates in 2019: 24
Registration: Please register through the ESVS 33rd Annual Meeting Registration Platform
NOTE: After having registered for ESVS-Certification of Competences in Vascular Ultrasound (CCVUS) we kindly request you to send the required documentation to email@example.com . Your documentation will be reviewed, and you will be informed about the acceptance or rejection of your application. In the event of your application being denied, you will be fully reimbursed. Registered applicants failing to provide the necessary documentation will not be considered for the examination and will be fully reimbursed.