ESVS CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCES IN VASCULAR ULTRASOUND ↓
Ultrasound has been widely implemented as an important tool in the diagnostic armamentarium of vascular clinics across Europe. The ESVS Academy has been organising basic and advanced hands-on workshops. Therefore, the ESVS Academy has proposed a certification system to warrant those individuals who meet the minimum requirements to perform basic vascular ultrasound based on the curriculum of the ESVS-workshops in Barcelona and Copenhagen.
The aim of the Certificate of Competences in Vascular Ultrasound (CCVUS) is to certify the holder with the knowledge and practical skills to perform high-quality ultrasound examinations of arteries and veins.
To apply for the CCVUS you must fulfill the following criteria:
- $Be in possession of an active certification or license in a health-related field (physician, nurse or technician).
- $Present a statement signed by the Director of the Vascular Lab or Head of Department of Vascular Surgery or Radiology stating that you have performed more than 100 supervised exams equally distributed among carotid arteries, venous and arterial lower extremity and aorta
- $Having performed the minimum number of examinations does not guarantee passing the exam
- $First, a written exam that will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions with one correct answer per five provided responses (60 minutes). Minimum pass mark 70%
- $Second, during a practical exam, candidates will have to demonstrate their practical skills when performing two to three vascular ultrasound examinations that will be evaluated by examiners according to a standardized evaluation form (app 10-15 minutes).
The CCVUS examinations are usually held during each ESVS Annual Meeting. There is a limited onsite programme being organised for the hybrid 2021 Annual Meeting and as such the CCVUS exam will not be running this year. The next round will be organised during the 2022 Annual Meeting, scheduled to be held in Rome.
Curriculum: A detailed curriculum of the examination can be found HERE