VASCUNET Aortic Group
This group studies the treatment of the Aortic pathologies in order to evaluate the quality of the clinical assistance to improve patient outcomes, patient safety and academic research.
• To analyse indications and patient selection for AAA treatment and countries differences
• To evaluate discrepancies in data definition and validity of national databases in the treatment of AAA.
• To confirm on going changes in management of AAA diseases over the time.
• To monitor real clinical practice patterns and outcomes after AAA and to compare it with international Clinical Practice Guidelines recommendations.
Andrew Mark Choong Tze Liang
Research Documents / Current Projects
• Minimum Reporting standards on infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
• Evaluating EVAR treatment of ruptured AAA
• Comparative analysis of AAA treatment differences between countries
D’Oria M, Scali S, Mao J, Szeberin Z, Thomson I, Beiles B, et al. Association Between Hospital Volume and Failure to Rescue After Open or Endovascular Repair of Intact Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms in the VASCUNET and International Consortium of Vascular Registries. Ann Surg 2021 Nov 1; 274 (5): e452-e459.
Mani K, Venermo M, Beiles B, Menyhei G, Altreuther M, Loftus I, Björck M. Regional Differences in Case Mix and Peri-operative Outcome After Elective Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair in the Vascunet Database. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2015 Jun; 49 (6): 646-652.
Hellgren T, Beck AW, Behrendt CA, Becker D, Beiles B, Boyle JR, Jormalainen M, Koncar I, Lopez Espada C, Setacci C, Settembre N, Sutzko DC, Szeberin Z, Thomson I, Venermo M, Mani K. Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair Practice in 13 Countries: A Report From VASCUNET and the International Consortium of Vascular Registries. Ann Surg 2022 Nov 1; 276 (5): e598-e604.
Mani K, Lees T, Beiles B, Jensen LP, Venermo M, Simo G, Palombo D, Halbakken E, Troëng T, Wigger P, Björck M. Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm in nine countries 2005-2009: a vascunet report. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2011 Nov; 42 (5): 598-607.
Resources: Clinical Practice Guidelines and Consensus statements
Group Member Access