The ESVS is looking for a motivated member to become the next Chair of the E-Committee as from June 2024 and for a 3-year term. The successful candidate will shadow the current Chair from June 2023 until June 2024.
The main focus of the E-Committee is the development of the E-Library: a “state-of-the-art” online educational seeking to develop knowledge in vascular surgery. The E Committee also includes two separate working groups: the podcast group and the editors of the ESVS electronic textbook – Virtual Vascular.
The platform includes various educational materials, such as videos from ESVS events (Webinars, Masterclasses, Annual Meetings and more), podcasts, abstract books and other documents. In addition, the e-library is a home to “Virtual Vascular” with chapters on pre-defined topics written by experts in different fields of vascular surgery and updated on a regular basis. More recently, the e-committee has been working on launching E-Learning – interactive online modules which use a multitude of resources from our e library to follow case studies and teach specific areas of vascular surgery. The chair of the E-Committee will form the link between the E-Committee, the Podcast group and the Virtual Vascular editors group.
In this light, we are delighted to announce this call for candidates to lead the enthusiastic members of ESVS e-committee in a role of Committee Chair.
What is expected from you?
- Work on a voluntary basis
- Work and define the quality and rules for submissions and content (videos, lectures), together with other members of e-committee
- Participate in the review process of the educational materials to be placed on the e-library in terms of quality, content and structure.
- Be able to spend about 1-2 hours per week for the task, besides participating at regular teleconferences (fortnightly)
- Be able to attend meetings related to Virtual Vascular and the Podcast group when necessary
- Be familiar with social media and e-learning options
- Have a natural interest in education and be creative in searching for new formats.
Who can apply?
- All active European ESVS Full members
- The applying candidates should provide an evidence of being personally involved in at least 3 educational events.
- The applying candidates should provide an evidence of previous relevant experience in e-learning, educational material and/or e-activities.
- The applying candidates must speak English fluently.
ESVS is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion and as such welcome applications from groups currently less represented within the Society.
How to apply?
- Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations to join the e-committee and how your candidature fits the purpose of this project
- Please provide any additional documents proving your previous experience in educational events and e-learning activities
- The applications together with all the supporting documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit your application: Monday 5th June at 12.00 CET
Review of applications and pre-selection of potential candidates: 5th- 12th June
Virtual interviews with pre-selected candidates: June 2023 – exact dates TBC
Announcement of selected members: TBC