We would like to announce this call for candidates for a position of Chair of the ESVS Programme Committee.
The main objective of the ESVS Programme Committee is the development of Scientific Programme of the ESVS Annual Meeting. The committee is represented by 9 members and includes: Chair, ESVS Secretary General, ESVS President, ESVS Academy Chair, EJVES Representative, EVST Representative; 3 Advisors.
Detailed Responsibilities of the Programme Committee:
- Annual Meeting Scientific content development
- Define topics, sessions and programme
- Provide information and forms to ensure office can perform EACCME and other necessary accreditations
- Finalise the programme
- Invited speakers, chairs, jury members, etc.
- Define and invite speakers
- Collect necessary speaker information and forms through the office
- Abstract management
- Define abstract categories
- Determine abstract reviewers
- Review abstract submission guidelines and test the system before it goes live
- Select abstracts for presentation (short orals and e-posters)
What is expected from Programme Committee Chair:
- Be able to spend about 1-2 hours per week for the task, besides participating and leading regular teleconferences organised every other week as from January and two face to face meetings :
1) Abstract Selection Meeting- May
2) Site visit of future Annual Meeting destination – October/November
3) (Optional) Programme Committee chair can be invited to join Executive Committee meetings to address ESVS Annual Meeting Scientific Programme related topics.
- Define and manage timelines, milestones and deadlines of the Scientific Programme Development (with the assistance of ESVS office)
- Supervise the development of the Scientific Programme
- Support the Executive Committee with budget related decisions linked to the scientific programme
- Sit at the ESVS Mastercl@ss Programme Committee and participate in programme development
- Work on a voluntary basis
Who can apply?
- All active European ESVS Full members
- The applying candidates should provide an evidence of being personally involved in previous Annual Meeting Scientific programmes as a session chair or speaker
- The applying candidates should provide an evidence of previous relevant experience in organisation of international scientific events
ESVS is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion and as such welcome applications from groups currently less represented within the Society.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an international team of experts and develop your network within the ESVS
- Lead and shape the Scientific Programme of the ESVS Annual Meeting
- Special credits at the ESVS webpage dedicated to committees and at the Annual Meeting Printed Programme
- Free registration at the Annual Meeting and travel & accommodation reimbursement
How to apply?
- Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations to join the ESVS Programme Committee as a committee Chair
- Please provide any additional documents proving your previous experience with ESVS Annual Meetings and organisation of other scientific events
- Please share the conflict of interest declaration
- The applications together with all the supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline to submit your application: 01.05.2023
Review of applications and pre-selection of potential candidates: 01.05.2023-01.06.2023
Ratification of selected candidate by ExCo : 20.06.2023
The selected candidate will start his/her term at the conclusion of this year’s Annual Meeting and for a duration of 3 years.