The ESVS is announcing this call for candidates for a position of an Advisor of the ESVS Programme Committee.
The main objective of the ESVS Programme Committee is the development of Scientific Programme of the ESVS Annual Meeting. The committee is represented by 9 members and includes: Chair, ESVS Secretary General, ESVS President, ESVS Academy Chair, EJVES Representative, EVST Representative; 3 Advisors.
Detailed Responsibilities of the Programme Committee:
- Annual Meeting Scientific content development
- Define topics, sessions and programme
- Provide information and forms to ensure office can perform EACCME and other necessary accreditations
- Finalise the programme
- Invited speakers, chairs, jury members, etc.
- Define and invite speakers
- Collect necessary speaker information and forms through the office
- Abstract management
- Define abstract categories
- Determine abstract reviewers
- Review abstract submission guidelines and test the system before it goes live
- Select abstracts for presentation (short orals and e-posters)
What is expected from Programme Committee Advisor:
- Be able to dedicate about 1-2 hours every other week for the task, besides participating in regular teleconferences to share ideas on topics of sessions to be organised and potential speakers
- Participate in 2 F2F meetings
1) Abstract Selection and Programme finalisation Meeting
2) Site visit of future Annual Meeting destination – October/November ( if applicable). Note: site visit of Rome is planned during the week of 22nd of November.
- Work on a voluntary basis
Who can apply?
- All active European ESVS members
- The applying candidates should provide an evidence of being personally involved in previous Annual Meeting Scientific programmes as a session chair or speaker
- The applying candidates should provide an evidence of previous relevant experience in organisation of international scientific events
What’s in it for you?
- Join an international team of experts and develop your network within the ESVS
- Lead and shape the Scientific Programme of the ESVS Annual Meeting
- Special credits at the ESVS webpage dedicated to committees and at the Annual Meeting Printed Programme
- Free registration at the Annual Meeting and travel & accommodation reimbursement
How to apply?
- Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations to join the ESVS Programme Committee
- Please provide any additional documents proving your previous experience with ESVS Annual Meetings and organisation of other scientific events
- Please share the conflict of interest declaration
- The applications together with all the supporting documents should be sent to Madina Lapeyre at email@example.com
Deadline to submit your application: 04.10.2021
Review of applications and pre-selection of potential candidates: 04.10.2021-15.10.2021
The selected candidate will start his/her term in October 2021 and for a duration of 3 years.