The ESVS is looking for a dedicated member to become the next Chair of the Academy Committee as from September 2022 and for a 3-year term. The successful candidate will shadow the current Chair from October 2021 until September 2022.
The ESVS Academy Committee is in charge of developing and managing the education and training activities of the ESVS.
Any European member from the ESVS (election of a non-European member would need approval from the ESVS Executive Committee) who meets the following criteria:
- Fluent in English
- Respect the ESVS vision & mission
- Commit to performing the tasks required by the committee
- Respect ESVS procedures and project deadlines
- Work on a voluntary basis
- Availability to travel within Europe for committee meetings (2 F2F academy committee meetings, outside the AM)
- Availability to travel to the ESVS Annual Meeting annually
What is expected:
The chair is in charge of leading the Academy and shall approve the educational activities run by ESVS, ensuring they are in line with the Academy SOP. She or he shall be responsible for the final setup of the Academy Programme at the Annual Meeting. She or he becomes a member of the ESVS Executive Committee for the duration of the term and shall present a report regarding the performance of the Academy at each meeting of the Executive Committee, the Council and the Society.
- Strong experience in leading educational and training activities
- Ability to lead and manage an educational development strategy
- Previous involvement in ESVS Academy activities or any comparable educational activities
- Experience in organization of non-commercial workshops and/or courses
- Active participation at workshops and/or courses of the Academy as lead convenor/co-convenor
- Expertise or knowledge of the track that is being covered
- Geographical spread within Europe
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations to become the Chair of the ESVS Academy Committee and your vision/strategy to further develop the Academy
- The applications together with all the supporting documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline to submit your application: 31.07.2021
Successful candidate will be contacted in September 2021.
Please contact Ramon Vila Coll (Academy Chair) or Angela Meurer via email@example.com