The ESVS Executive Committee has decided to develop a certification programme that would respond to a real educational need.
The certification will focus on endovascular lower limb and will enable vascular surgeons qualified in providing endovascular treatments to demonstrate their skills and competencies by taking both a practical and a theoretical examination.
The Executive Committee wants to implement a task force to build the certification. We are therefore looking to recruit a chair to form the Certification Task Force for the length of the first pilot phase (estimated to finish in March 2025 – provisional) .The Academy Pathway Lead will also be part of the Task Force.
Who can apply:
Active vascular surgeons who are ESVS members
The ESVS is an inclusive organisation, which values and seeks out a diverse membership pool, promotes inclusion among members. We embrace all differences and foster respect and a sense of belonging. We believe that diversity enriches our perspectives, improves our performance and makes everyone feel safe and valued.
What is expected from you
Once formed, the Task Force’s responsibilities will be:
- Drafting a curriculum: subtopic of PAD needs to be identified, create a Body of Knowledge…
- Defining the examination: draft the questions, assessment grid for practical and theoretical exams, control body to harmonise the questions, assess their relevance, equal distribution and level of complexity
- Selecting jury members
- Defining the application process: criteria, timeline
- Creating plan on dispute prevention: general conditions, disclaimer by Certification Body, dispute resolution process
- Deciding on the validity of the certification
- Conducting a test phase :pilot certification, analyse results, improve and launch
- Governance of the project on the long term
Task Force members will dedicate time and expertise on a volunteer basis. Meetings are expected to be online, in addition to one face-to-face meeting in Europe. ESVS internal Standard Operating Procedures will be complied to.
What is expected from the Task Force Chair
- Be involved in recruiting other Task Force members
- Lead the Task Force
- Ensure smooth, efficient and timely development and implementation of the Certification Programme
- Advise and report to the Executive Committee
- Inform the Task Force on the Executive Committee’s decisions
- Work closely with the ESVS Office
How to apply:
Please complete your application via the ESVS website by 15th February 2024. The application form will invite you to submit certain pieces of information about yourself, including country of origin, country of work and career stage, as well as answer some questions on your motivation for applying.
Selected candidates will be invited for an online interview end Feb / early March. Selection criteria include experience, motivation, availability and Equality, Diversity, Inclusion.
Deadline to submit your application: midday on 15.02.2024